Vai al contenuto
thilima3d

WINTER ROOM - MAKING OF

Hi Thilima whatsup? Really impressive.... only 2 hours render time at 3000 px for such a beautiful job... unbelievable..... :wallbash: thanks for sharing your knowledge with us... really appreciate... bye

Condividi questo messaggio

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Really low parameters! How can you achieve clean render? How many samples for the lights? Uhm, I can't believe you make final render with those parameters...

I'm sorry, but those parameters are not really correct. I refer to official V-ray guide. Materials samples would be powers of two if possible, for example. The calculation will be better.

But it is a really good image! perfect composition and lighting!

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

SUBALE, LESTAT, DAVID: thanks a lot my friend, nice it helped in something

LELL: please think twice before say Im lying in an international forum:

1 - this is my first tutorial here, it was a lot of work/time to do. If was to publish an impossible or lier tutorial I really won´t post it, specially lying in the less important thing: render settings

2 - Samples for the lights are 20 for that in the window and 8 for the other one

3 - yeah.. If you increase the material and light subdivs youll get a cleaner render, but my technique of lighting dont need to get higher and higher values, see that I have a great window in the right it helps to sampling and lighting the scene without so much efforts, thats why I dont have splotches on GI. If I had a small window probably the light and render settings would be higher preset.

4 - Another thing is... if you render in higher resolutions 3000px 6000px you can compensate lowering other settings.

5 - If you or another one still doubting, take a look in my fanpage: http://www.facebook....208195102528120 First: click to like, then, download my scene ROOM, its just click in the "free scene"img, youll see thats a very similar scene and lighting, put this settings and youll see if the result is clean or not. Even the settings that is already in the scene yoll see they´re not so high but very fast. This "room" is an old scene, I think 3, 4 years and obviously settings variates from a scene to another one, and from a vray to another one(this room case was vray1,5 SP1) so please, have good sense.

Thats it

Modificato da thilima3d

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

I never meant to imply that you are a liar! Saying that I don't believe is just a figure of speech ("modo di dire"). It simply seems to me that they are very low compared to those I usually need to use to obtain a clean render.

And thank you for the explanation. The things you say have sense, so it's all ok!

Peace and love! Lell

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Well.. OK...

"...I'm sorry, but those parameters are not really correct..."

I really don´t know how it can be a figure of speech. But thats ok, I dont wanna fight.. lets get over it

Eveyone seen thats a true setting... just it.. .I hope the tutorial helps you all... any doubt Ill be here to help

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

A question thilima: Why if I rendering the image in higher resolutions (3000x6000), I can compensate the lowering settings?

:hello:

Well Michele,

If Im not wrong, as I read some time ago. For example: IRRADIANCE MAP

the presets (low, medium, high) was originally created to set min and max rate (-3 , 0) to a resolution of 640x480... for images with higher size than that, the value of min and max rate need to be changed. If not, so... A render of 3000px set a preset high (-3,0)min/max rate will have longer render times, cause the FIRST prepass (1/16 of final resolution) will be calculated with a very high resolution, this way, obtaining too much samples in areas that you dont need in first pass, like areas withou so much details (planar faces, walls, floors,etc...) So if you want a similar sample distribution for a 3000px render, sometimes you can use parameters like -5 -2 or just save the IRRmap high calculation of a 640px render and use it in a 3000px image latter.

Another thing is BUCKET SIZE. Larger the image, larger can be the bucket size, it takes more ram, but the render goes faster cause it havent recalculate bucket position so many times.

And one other thing is about anti alias (this is just a crazy theory of mine) Sometimes I experimented low antialias values on higher resolutions, like 6000 8000 and once time 19000px (for an advertising project), and the feedback ever was good, I think (again just a theory) the anti alias make less efforts to subdivide an img with more pixels, something like if you try to cut an img on photoshop with pen or lasso tool... the adaptation to nearest pixels is more variable in 640px then if you cut the same img at a 3000px resolution. I dont know, It really worked with me, I dont know if it really happens.

So thats It, im not an expert on vray, but I hope I have answered correctly :)

Seeya... any more doubts ill be here

Modificato da thilima3d

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks for the reply.

I use MR, but lately I try VR and it's interesting understand how work with massive production.

IRRmap work as FinalGhater map and this for me was a doubt (i calculate fg_map with resolution of 100 px for image of 3000 or more).

Is also interesting theory of antiliasing, I must try it!

Thanks Again

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

very clean look, and great mood. great job ;)

i really like the effect you achieved with the carpet, did you use any map on the bend/direction/gravity etc.. slots, because from the parameters showed in the picture i cant seem to make a similar carpet on my max :blink2:

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Heyall Sorry about the late to answer all questions, I had a looooot of work theese days and couldnt login here before... So lets start.

very clean look, and great mood. great job ;)

i really like the effect you achieved with the carpet, did you use any map on the bend/direction/gravity etc.. slots, because from the parameters showed in the picture i cant seem to make a similar carpet on my max :blink2:

Yeah... I put the first map I saw in my computer hehehehe.. I dont know if it was a metal or concrete map... Just putted there.. A noise, celular, smoke map can do the same effect. (I put it on gravity, bend and direction slots)

Great work,

What settings ​​of "Gamma" you set in 3ds Max?

thx

Lele is 2.2 gamma lut

INPUT BITMAP - 2.2

OUTPUT BITMAP - 1.0

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti