Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello,

Here´s my final entry for the Evermotion Competition 2011 - interior category.

Im very proud to win the second price in the first digital art competition I enter.

Many thanks to all the support. 

faup_interior_011-660x495.jpg&w=653&zc=1

faup_interior_02-660x880.jpg&w=653&zc=1

faup_interior_03-660x660.jpg&w=653&zc=1

faup_interior_04-660x660.jpg&w=653&zc=1

faup_interior_06-660x348.jpg&w=653&zc=1

http://metrocubicodigital.com/eng/project/faup-interiors

Software:

3D Studio Max 2011, Photoshop CS5, After Effects CS5

Plugins:

Vray 2.0, RailClone Pro, Magic Bullet Looks, Knoll Light Factory, Nik Software

All models made by me, except main books bought in TurboSquid - made by Bernardb Bernoir.

Other architectural books are a share found in Evermotion - free stuff - made by Archithekthura.

Hand drawings made by me.

Some of the textures used are from:

Cgtextures, Arroway textures, Cgsource, Viz People

Jacinto Monteiro

post-47273-0-24153900-1307557894_thumb.j

Edited by metrocubicodigital

And a bit about the inspiration source:

My inspiration object is the university (FAUP) where I studied architecture for six years. For a long time I wanted to represent the path that goes from the street till the end of the building complex which is the library itself. For timing reasons I couldn’t model everything of course, so I focused on a short part of that same path.

Inspired by Michelangelo, Siza created a “difficult” path that goes through several ramps/stairs, sometimes almost labyrinth routes – if you use other alternatives – , in order to reach, in the end of all the complex, the library – the place of knowledge. “Tired”… once the library is reached, an uniform interior light hits the space like in no other place. It is, in my opinion, the perfect place to read mostly because the shadow is so soft. Geometry, fine details and remarkable human scale rule.

The goal was to respect Álvaro Siza architecture simplicity, materials, light, design and obviously, make it photo-realistic.

Jacinto

i followed your work in evermotion contest, as i viewed some older works of yours.

i really like your style.

simple things, great technicals, suggestive results.

congrats.

"Il vero viaggio di scoperta non consiste nel cercare nuove terre, ma nell'avere nuovi occhi" (Marcel Proust)

"Due sono le cose infinite esistenti: l'universo e la stupidità degli uomini, ma sull'universo ho ancora qualche dubbio" (Albert Einstein)

Nothing to say...everything is perfect and full of detail, you really deserve the 2 place.

All the images(expecially the first) have a fantastic clean look.

great image and nice tutorial (i loved the trick for the frosted glass material, nice Idea).

really gratz.

Edited by tredistudio

Ciao,

Thank a lot guys! Im very glad you appreciate the images.

ps. É con grande piacere chi sinto l´italia perche ho studiato per un ano (2002) in Siracusa. La Sicilia mi piacuto troppo e le personne italiani sono molto amici. Grazie a tutti. Scusa mio italiano troppo male hehe.

WooW.....Ci ho studiato in questa biblioteca durante il mio spettacolare erasmus....ragazzi, è davvero identicaaaaaaaaaa....SAUDADE DA FAUP!!!!!!!!!!!

Eu ficai ai um ano como erasmus....è increivel....igual.....Trabalho mui mui rèalistico!!!!

Gracie a tutti! Hehe Arkaiko ^^

Valenteg84, complimenti m´pare! It isnt everyone who has the priviliege to study in this university. Its so tought but nevertheless very rewarding. Im glad you enjoyed your Erasmus at Oporto and that you find my renders equal to the place. That was the main goal. Thank you.