Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolce

Archviz_Endurance_01: Jeff Patton's Comments

I'm proud to post the comments by our special guest:

-----Jeff Patton-----

After looking through the renders I thought it might be useful to pick a “Best Surreal” and “Best Realism” renders. Here’s what I came up with:

Best in realism category = Toast

toast01M.jpg

toast02M.jpg

toast03th.jpg toast04th.jpg

Comment: Excellent renders! Very realistic results & great job matching the building to your environment.

Best in surreal category = StateOfArt

stateofart01M.jpg

stateofart01Dath.jpg stateofart01Dbth.jpg stateofart01Dcth.jpg

Comment: Wonderful composition, textures, lighting, etc.. I found myself coming back and looking at the image several times just taking in all the details & color combinations.

-------------------------------------------------------

Also, I know I didn’t have to but I made comments on all the other entries as well:

Alcover

alcover_01th.jpg

Great render & image composition. Obviously a lot of time was put into creating such a lush environment. Personally speaking I would like to see more contrast in the image. However I realize that's merely my own personal view and it may not fit within the vision the author had for this image.

Ciuppetto

ciupetto01th.jpg

I think your glass has a very natural feel to it. I also like the blue bounced light from the pool. The lighting feels a bit even/flat in the image though. I think some more warmth to the house lighting would help contrast with the overall cool/blue feel the image currently has.

Danielebartoli

danielebartoli01th.jpg

I would have loved to see a less grainy lighting solution here because I think the overall feel of the lighting is pretty good. The render gives me the feeling of a miniature model though. Perhaps due to the texture scale being too large on the concrete material?

Dissign

dissign01th.jpg

I like the warm/cool contrast in your render. I personally think some blue reflections on the glass would look nice as well & blend the building with the current sky background.

Dmarnoni

dmaroni01th.jpg

Great concept & executed pretty well too. Perhaps some DOF on the plants near the camera would be nice. Would also be great if the background was a bit higher resolution/less pixelated. Some noise & chromatic aberration added to the rendered aspects would also help blend them into the background. You might also consider adding more warmth to the color of the interior lighting.

Ecimen

ecimen01th.jpg

Very unique perspective on the scene. Looks like the aftermath of a very bad storm! Would be cool to have everything wet looking (reflective) and possibly add some rain to the scene.

Everduarte

everduarte01th.jpg

I really like the soft feel your vegetaion has. For me the image may be a bit too saturated, but that's just an opinion and may not fit within your vision for the scene.

Franco-rnd

francornd01th.jpg

I like the camera angle & subtle DOF/blurring in the foreground. Maybe a bit more blue/purple sky light would help add some definition to the render where things are very dark & blend together now.

Gabba

gabba01th.jpg

Great images on both versions. The textures & composition are excellent. I might add more SSS to the plant leaves to brighten it a bit and provide some 'softness' against the stone texture.

GDB

gdb01th.jpg

Great render & wonderful composition. I think some more SSS on the palm leaves would be nice. Also the sand material may be a bit too uniform at the water line. IMHO some added darkening & reflectivity of the sand where the water would make it wet could help sell that material. Personally, I'd also love to see you create a night version of this scene.

Giampidip

giampidip_01th.jpg

I like the building texture & vegetation. The water looks a bit uninviting for a dip, but would be great for a reflecting pond.

Jayna

jayna01th.jpg

Even though the blossoming tree (upper right of image) is nice, I find it distracting at the same time. It seems to draw my eye towards it in terms of composition. Lighting soluiotn looks good. A subtle ambient occlusion pass may give more depth/grounding shadows to the plants.

Jddog

jddog01th.jpg

Great foliage! I really like the tree trunk texture & subtle DOF. Your glass also has a very natural feel.

Jordy

jordy_01th.jpg

Great concept & execution. I can feel the cool air in this render. Might be nice to have a smoother transition between the snow on the roof and the building (maybe some melted areas/ice would be nice). Lighting is great.

Largeblack

largeblack01th.jpg

Neat concept & render. If anything I might consider adding more reflectivity to the glass and a touch more subtle green/blue tint just to help make it more visible. Nice textures & illumination.

Lippo

lippo01th.jpg

Great imagination & cool render.

Magog

magog01th.jpg

Very elegant render. Composition & lighting is very nice.

Max70

max7001th.jpg

I think some specular highlights (or reflections) on the building materials may give a bit more realistic feel to those materials.

Nellofontani

nellofontani01th.jpg

Very cool! I love the composition, colors and lighting here. It kind of reminds me of something I'd see in a video game. Textures are great. I think some softer shadows would be nice & perhaps some SSS on the vegetation.

Neogen

neogen01th.jpg

Nice render. I like the color contrasts although I find my eyes are immediately drawn to the green logs in the center foreground. Some DOF and/or a slightly different composition would help draw the eye further into the image.

Nethuns87

nethuns87_01th.jpg

Very smooth render (clean lighting). I'd personally like to see more illumination on the building itself to make it more inviting & stand out more from the overall image.

Nicolacravedi

nicolacravedi01th.jpg

Very interesting render & nice use of colors.

Paolomu

palomu01th.jpg

Great image & composition. I really like the water, vegetation, and theme.

Pietro83

pietro8301th.jpg

Nice render(s). I like the composition and theme you have but find the color of the water distracting. Would also like to see more thickness added to the wood on the pier walkway.

Rosario

rosario01Hth.jpg

Great composition! I like the lighitng & textures too.

Serjo

serjo01Hth.jpg

Very interesting render/composition (and visual story). I hope the person still inside manages to get out in time!

Silver

silver01Hth.jpg

I find your render beautiful in terms of overall feel & composition. I'd like to see a more smooth transition between the snow on the roof & building (more wetness/moisture on the building perhaps). Great work!

Silviapale

silviapale02Hth.jpg

It's a good start with a lot of potential. The lighting seems too uniform in color at the moment compared to the background. You may want to explore a warmer sun light source with a strong blue skylight (bounced light source).

Simmons

simmons01th.jpg

IMHO the exposure on both renders is a bit too hot (bright) for me (maybe it's my monitors). The composition looks good but I think you may be losing some details due to the brightness.

Spiderweb

spiderweb02th.jpg

I really like the foliage & lighting. Especially true with the render with the sun behind the structure. I also like the close up with DOF image.

Stanslavov

stanslavov01th.jpg stanslavov02th.jpg

Wow! Excellent renders. I REALLY like the floating version! Great work & excellent imagination!

StCristofani

stcristofani01th.jpg

Good composition. I did find the water haze a bit distracting though.

TOo

tOo01th.jpg

I like the composition & foliage. I think some ambient occlusion may help bring out some details in the model & add a touch of contrast. Glass material looks good.

Uazzo

uazzo01th.jpg

Great environment. Seems to have a miniature feel to it due to the DOF, but I really like the natural feel of the lighting...especially on the interior near the tub.

Visualeffects

visualeffects02th.jpg

Nice resort concept. Lighting/exposure seems a bit hot. The building may benefit from some ambient occlusion & more indirect illumination (some areas seem very dark).

Ytsejam

ytsejam01th.jpg

Great composition and overall image. I like the softness the render has as well.

Zamorano

zamorano01th.jpg

Nice work on the textures. I think the lighting could be improved a bit with some blue skylight to better match the environment.

Edited by nicolce

Thank you very much Jeff.

It's been a pleasure and an honor to have you as our guest.

We appreciate that you've commented all the entries.

Congatulations to everyone and especially to Toast and Stateofart!

Edited by nicolce

great jeff... :)

a comment about every image it's the better thing you could do... ;)

congratulation to the winners from me too...

:Clap03::Clap03::Clap03:

:hello:

hello everyone,

hi & respect Jeff Patton!

Toast's image shows his skills in rendering,but in my opinion the best in show is Ytsejam's image.too cool,near what art can do with our feelings.

surely this is a little and personal opinion because I have not the skill,the experiences and the eyes to judge these works.especially because Jeff Patton is in the area :rolleyes:

:hello:

(ok now I have got two brand new enemies...Jeff & Toast... :crying: )

A big thanks to Jeff Patton for the time spent to comment all the images.

Thank you to treddi that gived us a chance like this.

Thanks to all the partecipants that made this a great contest!

:Clap03:

Thank you very much Jeff! It was an honor for me that you might have seen and commented on my images. Honor the winners, you've produced images really a cut above the others! Congratulations! :Clap03:

@nicolce: quando avete intenzione di iniziare un nuovo Archviz?? E' stata un'esperienza bellissima confrontarsi con tutti voi fratelli di Treddi! :lol:

Pietro83

Hello everyone

I would like to congratulate the winners and everyone who participated, the comments of Mr. Jeff Patton were very important.

Nicolce @: During the challenger, I created 3 different scenes, but only one comment was made of the scenes rendered in Artlantis, lacked the scenes rendered in mental ray,

Greetings to all

Zamorano

Hey so cool that you give a feed back to all image, thanks for this jeff!

Posso solo rinnovare i miei complimenti a tutti i partecipanti per il lavoro svolto!

Bella iniziativa da perte del forum, mi sono proprio divertito :hello: grazie ai moderatori per il vostro lavoro!

jd

@Nicolce, I thought he would make comments all the images posted, now I understand the procedure.

appreciate the attention.

Thanks so much Jeff for the comments and congratulations to Toast and StateofArt for their great jobs :Clap03::Clap03::hello: