Vai al contenuto

Ciao a tutti,

(sorry i cant write Italian :wacko: I hope you can get by)

This work is about randaring test with Vray mostly.

I was so charmed by Cecofuli and his great tutorial I delet my BRAZIL and Hip- Hop straight in to Vray word. lol

thank you again Cecofuli!!!

I am trying to build a reliable mid -summer scene with few element on aquatic environment,

Some info regarding modeling and lights

------------------------------------------------

The modeling is very low poly , most of the "bumping" doen with vraydisplacemat as i learm vray dosnt like bumpimg very much.

The sea is built with 3 layers textured with same mat but with different opacity value.

I also hv there 3 light source one is Vray light and 2 target spots.

I will appriciate any comment and help to get it to perfection

the link :

http://80.179.108.9/~lizon/fileupload/store/moby-final1.jpg

Condividi questo messaggio

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Inviata (modificato)

Hi Cat_dancing! and welcome..

The image look really good if we talk about modelling but there is something to change in texturing.

First of all water looks too dark with a strange reflection (it looks like oil), then ...the hat has a too big texture, if you reduce it that should be better.

In the complex light doesn't seem adapted for a summer day, you should improve it.

I hope to have been helpful for you ;)

Modificato da lauranonce

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

nice job, but there is something in the raft (hope it's the right word ;) ) that i don't like.

the elements seems too regular, maybe with some... humm.. noise? sorry i dont' know anything about shaders and texturing.

anyway, good job again

fbs

ps: bleach, my english is ugly

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Wow, treddi.com is becaming an international community. :D

D@ve should be proud of that. :):)

Anyway, welcome cat_dancing, very nice pic. If you start posting with so impressive pictures i'll start asking you tips soon. ;)

Good job. :D

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

the sea is too black..i prefer a blue color.

You could turn the sail of 90 degree, in this way I think is the correct orientation.

It doesn't seem a very sunny day..it's necessary a stronger light and more contrast in the scene

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Gays you are amazing people!!!

Great points you hv made here. I will try to follow and bring some new test soon.

As for the :

-Dark atmosphere, its supposed to be late afternoon but if it dost work it will hv to go :P

-The barks are not so staight all over i hv used noise and displace . I think it hard to see cos of the camera angle. Hmmm :blink: maybe it should be emphasise.

btw

Your Eglish is perfect comparing to my Italian.

I hope to get better .....I promise LOL

grazie grazie grazie

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hi cat_dancing and welcome on treddi.com!! :)

I must congratulate you on this picture, there're sooo many feelings on that, and sooo many memories you remind me.

Anyway I quote my mates about texturing, but I think that you can reach a very high level with some little improvements.

Goood job man, keep it up! :)

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hi Cat ... your work is well done, but you can improve it a lot ;)

First, you should check those strange reflections on the water: black areas suggest me you used some kind of wrong environment. You can try with a simple gradient ramp to simulate the sky and the deep water, and then apply it in the environment slot (using spherical mapping). Is that white area reflected the Vray area light? I think you should work on the lightning!

You use Vray, so check the environment panel and apply a skylight with a bright blue. Delete your spotlights and area lights and use just a single direct light (bright yellow), activating the VRayShadows ... if you want a summer scene, you need the sun.

At last, some texture tweaking: add a bump map on the wood (you could try also a wet effect working on the specular channel), and use a different map for the sail and the towel.

Something that looks strange is ... what is she doing with a swimsuit and a straw hat over a raft?

Keep it up! ;)

PS I like very much your skin shader

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hi Marcuza,

Thanks for the good advices, but light is more tricky here cos whats goes nice for the water dosent look so great on the woman skin or ropes.

btw it wasnt a problem of enviroment but too large bumps

as for your wonder- what on earth is she doing there........blahhh i dont know

:unsure::P

Any how here another render I hope you people find better ;)

I hv fix the sail , the hat material goes radial, the light /shadows ficks on the water looks more normal and smaller and the scene is beter lighted .

http://80.179.108.9/~lizon/fileupload/store/moby-final4.jpg

Please tell me what you think, any remark will be appriciate.

thanks CatD

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

I understand your troubles but you should start from the right illumination settings, then try to fix the other things. Look at the picture attached: direct + skylight. You have to activate shadows and you will gain a lot of depth.

If your shader doesn't fit, try to work on the shader instead of the illumination.

You have also to use some antialias ... in the Vray AA panel, check "adaptive subdivision" and use the preset values, you don't have to see the pixels! ;)

Marcuza

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
I understand your troubles but you should start from the right illumination settings, then try to fix the other things. Look at the picture attached: direct + skylight. You have to activate shadows and you will gain a lot of depth.

If your shader doesn't fit, try to work on the shader instead of the illumination.

You have also to use some antialias ... in the Vray AA panel, check "adaptive subdivision" and use the preset values, you don't have to see the pixels!  ;)

Marcuza

ok you hv apoint here i will try again

tnks :)

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti