bn-top

Simulare Un Lampo

michelef

Ciao a tutti,

avrei bisogno di creare un lampo con 3DS che colpisca un oggetto,diciamo che mi interessa di più il fatto di creare il lampo,in quanto l'oggetto colpito rimane abbastanza in secondo piano, si può fare? come?

grazie

bn-top
Ciao a tutti,

avrei bisogno di creare un lampo con 3DS che colpisca un oggetto,diciamo che mi interessa di più il fatto di creare il lampo,in quanto l'oggetto colpito rimane abbastanza in secondo piano, si può fare? come?

grazie

Il soggetto è unico però devo fare sia delle immagini statiche che un'animazione.

Mi puoi aiutare e dirmi come posso fare per tutti e 2 i casi?

Un piccolo spunto:

electricity.jpg

Description

The scene consists of a plane for the water surface, several particle systems for the droplets and underwater bubbles and a pair of renderable splines as a "raytracer stand-in" for the lightning bolt (which is mostly painted upon later). Since this was never supposed to be animated, I could get away with this static "modelling" approach, instead of employing fluid dynamics solvers of any kind. This also gave me much more control over the final look of it.

The plane has a ripple and a few noise modifiers assigned to it. The ripple is causing the concentric wakes, which culminate in the deep impression in the middle, where the lightning bolt is supposed to hit the water. To make this appear realistic, I had to model the rest: the hemispheric "water wall" with the corona of drops on top of it. The droplets above are metaballs emitted from an invisible torus. Underneath the water surface there's even more particle stuff going on. There are a few invisible "containers", which a filled with particles. This way I could also kind of model the exact distribution of particles in space, for example the radial particle clouds in front of the shockwave (which is a standard ringwave object, self-illuminated with a noisy gradient ramp in the opacity channel). There are also some facing particles being directly emitted from the shockwave to "smooth" its rim a little. Underneath the lightning impact there is a cloud of metaballs, which simulate larger amounts of air, that has penetrated the surface after the impact.

All water surfaces received a superfast fR-Glass shader with an IOR of 1.33 (water), whereas the underwater parts were adjusted to an IOR of 0.75 (water to air refraction index).

There is no light in the scene. This wasn't necessary as there is only reflection and refraction going on, no diffuse shading. The only lightsource is an omni light in the center of the impact, which serves as an emitter for an fRVolumeLight to simulate a slight atmospheric glow.

Rendering took place in 3ds max 4.26 with an Alpha version of finalRender Stage-1, to utilize its extremely fast raytracer. Already during the Alpha stage it outperformed MAX's own raytrace engine by factor 10-20.

To achieve the particular look of the finished image, there had to be made some touch-ups in Photoshop. For example the lightning bolt itself and its fine branches are painted. Also there is a lot of glow being added to the bright parts of the scene. Last not least the entire image palette has been replaced with a black-blue-white gradient and I added a small amount of grain to it.

Edited by karnak