bn-top

Illustration for the TMRW Challenge + D2 I imagined the first colony - not so far in the future - inhabiting the sky into high-altitude balloons, leaving Mars's surface for laboratories, roads, research and various science experiments. Image part of a "set of three". The aim was to express different stories, feelings and mood related to life on Mars, including humans, animals and vegetation.
bn-top
44 minuti fa, jayna ha scritto:

wow. It's amazing! There was a reason why you choose ballons?

Thanks a lot @jayna I imagined a "life in the sky" and not totally developed on Mars's surface. I thought that high-altitude balloons could have represented an alternative way to populate a new Planet. Also I thought balloons' concept is really fascinating - like Cappadocia, for example, in terms of visual satisfaction - and attractive to me.

You are right is a stunning concept!

What I also like a lot is that it seems (to me of course) that you got Mars by details a neon sign, a spot of red soil near the vehicle, the mountain skyline (my fav).....

Forgive me if I venture to ask that too, but why you didn't use the most popular and "traditional" red atmosphere but this "polluted blue"?

P.S.  *chose balloons. sorry. bit tired...

30 minutes ago, jayna said:

Forgive me if I venture to ask that too, but why you didn't use the most popular and "traditional" red atmosphere but this "polluted blue"?

ok .. just got my answer. originally I had assumed that atmosphere was blue beacause the inhabitants tried to change it... but after watching all your images in sequence it's pretty clear.😅

Posted (edited)
54 minuti fa, jayna ha scritto:

ok .. just got my answer. originally I had assumed that atmosphere was blue beacause the inhabitants tried to change it... but after watching all your images in sequence it's pretty clear.😅

Yes, this blue evening shot is a part of three. There is of course the "red one" and there's also a "dark acid red one".
I explored three different mood showing three different environments as well - Interior, Exterior, Inside/Out - 
Finally, for each image I developed a main hero "living being": Humans, Vegetation, Animals. : )

Edited by VittorioBonapace