Vai al contenuto

really nice!

somtiems it looks too much like a game i think

my opinion is that in the "movie" u have no this perfect cleaning image. so usually i prefer to give a shade to smooth (0.1)

some questions:

did u used datasmith?

do u usually use a master material?

can u please share the chrome material and the sphere reflection settings used for this sphere?

image.png.f24e291e28178652ebafe8bc37d89449.png

:)

Condividi questo messaggio

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you very much for your comment, I am very pleased.

Unfortunately our projects are all intended for commercial sales but above all for virtual reality, so, as you know, we have absolutely no freedom. For this reason, in order not to scare our customers, we don't use any studio technique, neither for post-production, neither for lighting.

No we don't use any kind of plugins in our pipeline, just traditional hand-made video game development techniques, even the materials. If you mean a master material for the whole scene, absolutely not. Chromium is a simple material with metalness 1, really simple, even reflections, maybe what makes you believe that there is something special is the amount of objects reflected.

Thanks for your comment, cheers

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Yeah i know what u mean about freedom :(

But it' s a great job. 

Did u try to building the scene with GPU method by luoshuang? (The same guy who wrought the multybounces method)

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

No, I followed his projects a bit but I have never tested the gpu bake, we work on render farms, sometimes with cloud, also ue4, cryengine, unity etc.. have already pretty solid and fast engines for the amount of work, so I never felt the need, but it seems promising.

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti