Vai al contenuto

Inviata (modificato)

Hello everyone! This is my last work. I hope you like it!

Skin shader, rendering and Post- Production by Germano Vieira.

3D Model and textures by Eisko.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/picsimstudio

post-91464-0-25767500-1425553456_thumb.j

Modificato da PICSIMstudio

Condividi questo messaggio

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

L'immagine in non è male,

Se però poi si considera che il modello e le relative texture vengono da una scansione ad altissima qualità (basta guardare

) si deduce che il lavoro svolto è davvero poco. In tutta onestà credo che si potrebbero raggiungere risultati di "render" migliori anche usando solo Marmoset.

Saluti

Cris

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Inviata (modificato)

Hi crispa! Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your interest. Well, recently I started testing skin shaders and this is my second one. So I know there is a lot to be improved. I focused more on compositing, lighting and shading but I also made a few changes in the maps and created a few more based on the diffuse texture to achieve the effect that I wanted. I don´t work with Marmoset but I would like to see some renders of this model with it, so I invite you to make some and share them with us on Treddi! I can´t wait to see them! Thanks again! :w00t:

Modificato da PICSIMstudio

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Inviata (modificato)

Hi crispa! Thanks for your comment! I appreciate your interest. Well, recently I started testing skin shaders and this is my second one. So I know there is a lot to be improved. I focused more on compositing, lighting and shading but I also made a few changes in the maps and created a few more based on the diffuse texture to achieve the effect that I wanted. I don´t work with Marmoset but I would like to see some renders of this model with it, so I invite you to make some and share them with us on Treddi! I can´t wait to see them! Thanks again! :w00t:

Hi there,

first of all sorry that I wrote my previous message in italian (I was sure you were italian).

Btw my critics were based not only on the quality of the image, but moreover on the fact that you've used a "pre-made" character and texture set that, in my opinion, make the 80/90% of this picture.

On the other side, this s not a "competition" and I usually don't spent too much time on personal jobs especially using things made by other people/company; so I'm sorry my friend but I've to refuse your request.

One last thing: if you want to improve the quality of this image, try to avoid a symmetrical light setup (make the image a bit flat and boring) and put a bit more effort on the skin shader (to me it seems that you haven't used an SSS for the face), it has a bit too much specularity and also the normal/bump it's too obvious; real details are more subtle. Another cool touch would be hair and fur ;-)

Best

Cris

P.S.

My name is CRISTIAN not crispa ;-)

Modificato da crispa

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hi Cristian,

sorry for calling you Crispa, it was the name above your avatar. My mistake ;)

I think that using "pre-made"characters is a good way of learning and testing other things like skin shaders (which was my goal here) in case you don´t have the time to make everything from scratch. The companies that provide these trial models are counting on artists to test them and share their results, otherwise they wouldn´t share them for free. You can see it all over the internet with models from Infinite Realities, Ten24, and so on.

Even in the game / film industry companies are starting to use more an more these scanned models instead of modeling and texturing everything from scratch. So I think it is more like a personal issue, wether you want to use them or not.

I was only curious of seeing some results with Marmoset which is a program that I never used, so I was hoping to learn something here. Sorry if I offended you, that wasn´t my intention.

Thanks for your advices. When I find the time, I hope to make another skin test and I will surely take them into consideration.

About hair and fur, it´s one of the things that I would also like to explore in a near future.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Germano Vieira

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Inviata (modificato)

Hi Cristian,

sorry for calling you Crispa, it was the name above your avatar. My mistake ;)

I think that using "pre-made"characters is a good way of learning and testing other things like skin shaders (which was my goal here) in case you don´t have the time to make everything from scratch. The companies that provide these trial models are counting on artists to test them and share their results, otherwise they wouldn´t share them for free. You can see it all over the internet with models from Infinite Realities, Ten24, and so on.

Even in the game / film industry companies are starting to use more an more these scanned models instead of modeling and texturing everything from scratch. So I think it is more like a personal issue, wether you want to use them or not.

I was only curious of seeing some results with Marmoset which is a program that I never used, so I was hoping to learn something here. Sorry if I offended you, that wasn´t my intention.

Thanks for your advices. When I find the time, I hope to make another skin test and I will surely take them into consideration.

About hair and fur, it´s one of the things that I would also like to explore in a near future.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Germano Vieira

Hi Germano,

I'm not blaming you for using a pre-made model, just making a point.

With that said I also didn't intend in any way offend or denigrate you either.

I appreciate your effort, but I was expecting something more starting from an high quality scanned model in term of final image; that's why I suggest you to experiment a little bit more different light setup with a more detailed shader.

That's all.

I'm sure you'll make a great new test in the near future.

I hope you the best

Cris

Modificato da crispa

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti