Vai al contenuto

Hello,

My name is Vinicius Vello, I am a Brazilian 3D artist and a big comic geek. Unfortunately I don't speak or write in Italian, even though all my family is from an Italian decendancy, so I will be posting in english.

Ever since my baby girl was born a few months ago I've been going throw my own childrens books to read for her. My favorite one is "The little Endless Storybook" by Jill Thompson featuring the characters from Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" Universe, one of my favorite comics of all times.

So I've been wanting to make a fan art with them, but I haven't had the right push to do it until I heard about this challenge from my friend Victor Hugo (the autor of the Baby Magneto in the challenge art) so I've been playing for over a mouth with them.

My ideia for this illustration is to make the first three Endless, Destiny, Death and Dream in Destiny's Garden hanging out, in my own style and a little diferent from Jill Thompson's Storybook. I just don't like the ideia of them been the same age, som I've made Sandbaby, Deathy just a older then Sandy, and a Kid Destiny.

Here is were I am at.

I made a quick sketch of my ideia and the design I wanted to pursue. Sandbaby would be creating a little nightmare while Deathy would be watching and Desteny reading his book.

Then I Sketched their proportion in relation to one another, the I started to modeling.

I have finished the characters modeling and will start de retopology. Hope you guys enjoy.

Coments and Critics are most welcome.

post-94810-0-15386500-1386888278_thumb.j

post-94810-0-13918300-1386888287_thumb.j

Condividi questo messaggio

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hello Guys!

After a break for the Hollydays I am posting the progress of the scene.

I've already finished the retopology and the skin paiting for the character. I am moving on to 3Dmax to finish the image.

I'm working on the grass for the backgorud and some leafs folen from the tree.

I am ready to work on the shaders and the Ilumination for the scene.

Hope you guys like it. Comments and critics are most welcome.

post-94810-0-98917100-1390413336_thumb.jpost-94810-0-48576000-1390413351_thumb.jpost-94810-0-22707000-1390413364_thumb.jpost-94810-0-52489800-1390413375_thumb.jpost-94810-0-27385100-1390413385_thumb.jpost-94810-0-13026400-1390413413_thumb.jpost-94810-0-18089600-1390413423_thumb.jpost-94810-0-31221900-1390413432_thumb.j

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Hello Wiull

I'm agree with you, Sandman is a great comics, original and unconventional.

Neil Gaiman(the author of Sandman) is a great writer and I suggest also the reading of his American Gods, a very interesting book.

to finish, let me add that I'm fully agree with Danko : your baby characters are awesome.

good job, my compliments

bye

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

I' Can't wait to see the rendering... It looks promising! Will you render in VRay? The composition is very nice!

Modificato da Learner88

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks Learner88, I am rendering the image in vray. Just a few more hours and I will be ready for post production.

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

i really love the modeling job, your models are imho the best in the contest for style and cleaniness. not being a render artist i cannot give any real constructive criticism, i imagined the final image (due to the look of the characters) to be more gloomy/evening like, but i really like it. i am officially one fan of your work :)

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Thank you very, very much Danko75 for your complement, I am really glad that you liked it. I've seem your job also and must say that it's amazing (but this is something I'll continue in your topic). I'm very happy to find here fellow artists to keep me inspired.

Thank you.

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Nice render. My only criticue is that the image lacks of depth. A slight blue atmospheric volume pass on it and some depth of field would really help to knock the background back and focus the viewer attention to the characters!

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Thanks Learner88 for the critics, they make all sense.

There is a zdepht in the image, but I used it very slightly due to the size of the scene, because the vegetation in the back are so far behinde it got too blury and it didn´t match the sky, and I thought it got more distracting than not having the zdepht at all, so I use it very, very slightly.

The blue atmosphere would surely make a diference though. Thanks a lot!

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

Awesome work, my compliments...

if I can afford, maybe the hair seems a bit too plasticky, but it's just a very personal opinion...

in any case, I like your work very much , also for the original choice of Sandman

bye

Link al messaggio
Condividi su altri siti

• Navigazione recente   0 utenti

Non ci sono utenti registrati da visualizzare in questa pagina.