D@ve

[ENG] Contest rules - [ITA] Regolamento del Contest

Seeing your design, it is right! Just a bit more baby :D

Edited by Michele71

The theme of the contest is "Baby Comics" so you have to realize an image that represent the baby version of a comics character.

We wrote "super deformed" in the regulation of the contest in order to help users to understand how to transform a "standard" character in it's baby version but remember that the theme of the contest is NOT "Super deformed comics" but "Baby Comics".

You can realize a baby character that is not necessarily super deformed but you CANNOT realize a super deformed version of a character that is NOT a baby.

IMHO your character look like a baby ... but you can even try to make it more younger and you will be sure that will look like a baby.

Remember that the Treddi.com staff is not in jury so the final choice will be made by Alessandro Baldasseroni, Matteo Stirati and Fabio Santoro.

I hope now is more clear to you.

If you have any other question please don't hesitate to ask.

D@ve

I completely agree with D@ve.

I think that the purpose of the contest is quite clear in the regulation and that the partecipans have to see beyond the rigorous meaning of the words "super deformed".

Following the various steps of the contest and looking the works of the participants, I've noticed that often the transformation of the character in the "baby version" is limited to a pure and simple general scaling of the parts of the body, keeping the structure of an adult body.

In my opinion it's the wrong way to build the baby character.

There is a substantial difference between an adult body and a child one, and here I think that the skills of the artists have to make the difference, firstly understanding the anatomy of a child (for example the leg of a child never could have the same shape, proportion and structure of an adult one), secondly being able to give to the character a "baby looking" intervening or emphasizing some particular features, expressions or behaviors of the chosen character.

Anyway I've seen that others partecipants have perfectly understood the goal of the contest achieving something of really original and consistent with the rules of the contest at the same time.

Hoping to have been helpful, I wish a good work to all the participants!

hello ; the baby version of a comics character. that mean we create any baby version for comics character or only for heros ? i read in the rules that we can use any 3d software ; can we use daz studio and make human ?

thanks

hello ; the baby version of a comics character. that mean we create any baby version for comics character or only for heros ? i read in the rules that we can use any 3d software ; can we use daz studio and make human ?

thanks

Yes you can create baby version of any comics ... not only heroes.

Yes you can use any 3D program ;)

Hi bizon, you can upload your image on an external host site and post it here with the URL using this botton:

post-37972-0-96732600-1378798517.png

Ciao Sieve,

anche io ho lo stesso problema;

ho postato la mia final nel mio wip come da regolamento ed ho usato il link fornitomi da Tynipic, come sempre faccio.

stavolta però l'immagine è stata ridimensionata, da Tynipic, a 1600x1200 (mentre la mia originale era 2240x1680).

volevo dunque chiedere, a te e a chiunque possa aiutarmi, se esiste un altro sito stile Tynipic che però non ridimensioni l'immagine caricata.

se non esiste cosa mi suggerite?

ho provato anche a caricare tramite l'uploader del forum una immagine delle dimensioni giuste ma compressa(passando da PNG a JPEG) e del peso di circa 800k , ma l'upload fallisce perchè mi vien detto che sto già utilizzando 4930 MB dei 4800 disponibili(una roba del genere)

grazie in anticipo

Ciao

IMPORTANT

To avoid issues for the contest I doubled the quota available to upload images for any member.

So any member now have a 10Mb quota with no restriction about the size of the single uploaded image .

By the way remember that you can always manage your uploaded content (and so delete oldest one) through your control panel

If you have any question please don't hesitate to ask ;)

Ciao Sieve,

anche io ho lo stesso problema;

ho postato la mia final nel mio wip come da regolamento ed ho usato il link fornitomi da Tynipic, come sempre faccio.

stavolta però l'immagine è stata ridimensionata, da Tynipic, a 1600x1200 (mentre la mia originale era 2240x1680).

volevo dunque chiedere, a te e a chiunque possa aiutarmi, se esiste un altro sito stile Tynipic che però non ridimensioni l'immagine caricata.

se non esiste cosa mi suggerite?

ho provato anche a caricare tramite l'uploader del forum una immagine delle dimensioni giuste ma compressa(passando da PNG a JPEG) e del peso di circa 800k , ma l'upload fallisce perchè mi vien detto che sto già utilizzando 4930 MB dei 4800 disponibili(una roba del genere)

grazie in anticipo

Ciao

Se non sbaglio, tinypic a l'opzioni di ridimenzionamento per il caricamento delle immagini. Sicuro che era impostato si "Default"?

Se non sbaglio, tinypic a l'opzioni di ridimenzionamento per il caricamento delle immagini. Sicuro che era impostato si "Default"?

Allora rispondo a tuttin nell'ordine:

Zatta:

grazie, per il futuro proverò ad usare Imageshack e a leggere il thread indicato

D@ve:

grazie, sono andato nel mio pannello di controllo e ho visto che la quota effettivamente è salita a 10mb. a questo punto cancellerò qualche immagine passata e caricherò tramite l'uploader del forum la mia PNG a dimensioni originali

Michele71:

non sbagli, effettivamente esiste l'opzione che citi ma io ho lasciato default; leggendo però nelle faq/istruzioni di Tynipic viene proprio indicato che le immagini superiori ai 1600 px vengono comunque di ufficio ridimensionate(per avere appunto come dimesnione massima 1600 px); la mia èstata infatti scalata a 1600x1200

grazie ancora a tutti x il supporto

ciao

[...] leggendo però nelle faq/istruzioni di Tynipic viene proprio indicato che le immagini superiori ai 1600 px vengono comunque di ufficio ridimensionate(per avere appunto come dimesnione massima 1600 px); la mia èstata infatti scalata a 1600x1200[...]

Lol questa non la sapevo! Heheheh buono a sapersi dato l'utilizzo che ne faccio :) Grazie per l'info

buongiorno ..chiedo un'informazione:ho letto che tinypic ridimensiona le immagini grandi... dunque avendolo usato anche io..ora sono fuori dal concorso con la mia immagine?

grazie