A titolo di esempio ti allego un post dal loro forum:
Well, I must say that I too am very dispointed by the result.
Looking at the preview videos lead me to believe that TM 2018 will be a really good product, with a powerfull engine and a great set of tools. But the reality is not up to the expectations.
I'm testing it on my laptop, an asus ROG with a gtx 980 M, which runs smoothly every contemporary game really smoothly, but the performance of UD4 are surprisingly low in TM 2018, and I'm encountering slow down really quickly, even with rather simple models.
Tons of basic features are missing :
- Materials :
No transparency parameters ??? No roughness parameters ?? How are we supposed to create nice looking materials whithout this two simples elements...?
Also, there seems to be nothing related to alpha channels (impossible to do something as simple as a fence), nothing like an autobump either.
No water shader !
- Rendering :
The GI is honestly not really working. I tried with several different settings, and it's close to impossible to recreate the nice example you showed in the first video.
Rendering is rather slow, for a realtime engine. A basic panorama in a really really simple scene took about 30 second to be generated, and a really simple 10 s clip, in 1280x720, 3mins.
There isn't any more a clay render mode.
No material ID output
No control whatsoever on the sun or the shadow precision
The Screen space reflexion is really limited, impossible to get a proper mirror or a bit complex interior glass wall whithout troubles. Real reflexion planes ?
- Populating :
Again, what a lack of parameters !! Impossible to spread properly objects, the density slider is completely useless, at 100% there is a plant every 5 m!! No distance parameers, no falloff...
It's impossible to select an "host" surface that will received the "painting". So, if you paint grass, you ended up with grass everywere, on the wall, on the ceiling...!
Once object have been spread, ther is no way to select them, one by one, to move them individually. It's all or nothing.
- Libraries :
The trees looks a lot like the previous versions of TM, so, sadly, rather old and unrealistic.
Wind paramters apply in the same way for small bushes and huge trees, making them swing in the wind even if their trunk is a meter wide....
- Import :
The sketchup Importer is really not accurate : Smooth groups are often messy, a lot of materials appears way darker than they should, making it impossible to work with them
- Tools :
No rectangular selection !! How to select multiple instance at once ?
- Output :
There isn't a way to name the picture you're rendering. There is an annoying "choose folder" option, but not even a "name" !
Well, I don't want to say much more. I don't want to be too harsh on the people beind the software, as I know tehre is a lot of works behind this, but sadly, it's just not really up to the task.
Everything seems to have been made to please someone trying to do a really short and limited live demo, with all the big buttons and sliders, but not someone trying to achieved something just a bit more precise and complex.
I hope some of this will be solve in the future...
Joined: Wed 18 Nov 2015 17:37
Re: Twinmotion 2018 Feedback
Wed 2 Aug 2017 20:34
some Features i miss in Twinmotion 2018:
- please i need to Import "dwg-files", because i make 3D-models in AutoCAD. It was a feature in Twinmotion 2016!!!!!
- 2 point perspective by the camera.
- make it possible to select objects or only a face of a object to put a material on it. This was possibble in Twinmotion 2016
- the object Settings i miss, where i can say that it is a colission object or not, That the object is to see in 1m or in 20m. This was in Twinmotion 2016
- make it possibble that we can save materials Settings of objects in the Phase Manager. So it would be possible to Switch between a Phase
where a wall has the material concrete and by a second Phase where the walll has the material brick. So you can show a clients in the bimotion
several material offers for a wall.
- fire and smoke.
- better clouds, they look not so good and make it possible to edit Settings for the clouds (more or less Clouds, Color of the clouds)
- make it possibble that we can edit the skycolour
- make it possible we can edit the water: colour, waves, densty,
- i miss the section cylinder and sphere section
- make it possible to make a animated cut through a Building
- make it possible that we can change that the moon and the stars can be deactivate in the night.