Significant new capabilities added in Genetica 4.0 are:
- A streamlined new way of editing graphics based on tweaking options in an intuitive interface. The existing node-based approach is still there for power users, but is no longer a necessity for performing common operations.
- A new filter system making it easy to for artists to add effects to existing photos and images.
- The ability to procedurally generate textures for UV-mapped models, including impressive new operations such as texture synthesis onto the surface of a model.
- The introduction of scripting, allowing savvy artists to extend Genetica’s abilities in intriguing new ways.
- A host of new drawing tools including a pressure-sensitive brush, freehand drawing, image trace, and the ability to import vectors from other illustration packages.
- A dozen new nodes, adding abilities such as smart blurs, tilt shift effects, selective focus, and more.