The Foundry Nuke releases free for non-commercial use. Among the basic limitations are:
- Licenses are not valid for commercial work at home or in a company, or for use in a commercial environment when completing work or in an educational institution.
- Licenses cannot be used in the same pipeline as commercial versions of NUKE or in clusters of non-commercial licenses.
- If you’re looking to evaluate the full commercial version, try our free 15-day trial here.
- If you’re an educational institution, find out more about educational licenses here.
- Key feature differences:
- Output resolution up to HD (1920 x 1080).
- Some nodes disabled including: the WriteGeo node, Ultimatte node, Primatte node, BlinkScript node, and GenerateLUT node.
- 2D format support disabled for MPEG4 and h264.
- Encrypted data storage and limited python scripting.