Rilasciato Bforartists 1.0, il progetto che punta a rendere l'interfaccia di Blender più user friendly.
Bforartists infatti è l'acronimo di Be For Artists, un promemoria per ricordare che è un programma pensato per gli artisti e non per gli sviluppatori. Bforartists è un fork del software open source 3d Blender e, similmente a Blender, è anch'esso open source e sotto licenza GPL v3.
Come riportato sul repository GitHub, le principali differenze con Blender sono:
- A brand new Keymap with Left Click select, which is reduced to just the necessary hotkeys.
- Cleaned up User Interface. More than 400 not necessary double menu entries removed.
- Extended User Interface. Close to 100 formerly hotkey only tools have a menu entry now.
- Rearranged User Interface. Some things are better accessible now, some are not so much in the way anymore.
- 700 new native icons.
- Icon Buttons in the Tool Shelf to reduce the scrolling.
- A configurable Toolbar with icon buttons.
- Improved Layouts.
- Better Tooltips.
- Better readable standard theme.
- Some neat new addons to improve usability, like the reset 3D View addon or the Important Hotkey addon.
- And lots more small details like hidable 3D Cursor or Wireframe Colors. Or that you can now delete objects and selections without the delete menu quiz.
- The Bforartists usage is centered around the graphical menu, not hotkeys. Bforartists relies at an intuitive and self explaining graphical UI in the first place. And then the hotkeys.
- The target audience for Bforartists are hobbyists and indie developers. Blender tries to target professionals. But most of them don't care for various reasons.
- A better manual. The Blender manual is in big parts unsearchable, has an odd structure, and relies heavily at the Blender keymap to name just a few flaws, making it unusable for users. That's why we rewrite it, piece by piece.
- Official learning videos. No need to spend days with searching for the one tutorial that is understandable, for the actual version and is not a spelling lesson. This is also an ongoing project.
- Bforartists is not bound to the Blender bubble. It has its own independant eco system.
Per maggiori informazioni e per scaricare gratuitamente Bforartists 1.0 vi rimandiamo al sito ufficiale su: http://www.bforartists.de/