A quick exercise made to match a photo.
Base images can be found at this LINK
To match the camera we proceeded modeling the kitchen first, using standard sizes, and then aligning it to the original photo.
Once we fixed the camera we finished modeling the scene.
General lighting was made using an HDR; after we added some vraylights to emphasize interiors and two spots to have shadows and highlights.
Materials and render settings have nothing strange; diffusion, refl and bump maps and IM + LC as usual to render.
This is the final render
The important part now is to try to replicate, and if possible improve, light effects and materials depth in the scene.
First we added a background that gives a bit of depth to the scene. The original one seemed a bit too claustrophobic.
Some curve to sharpen the image.
Now it is too saturated, so let's desaturate it, maintaining the basic contrast.
We have lowered the yellow tones and balanced general room lighting.
Closeup darker to better highlight the kitchen.
Finally, a little bloom and vignette to add a bit of atmosphere.
RENDER VS PHOTO
I hope you've enojed this Makeing Of!