40 risposte a questa discussione

#1 Shin Chan Pu

Shin Chan Pu
  • Nazione (Country):n.d.
  • Sesso (Gender):n.d
  • Impiego (Employment):n.d.

Inviato 17 dicembre 2008 - 09:52

Bon Giorno, Francesco!

I received your book yesterday afternoon. Good shipping, good packaging and overall excellent presentation.

Inmediately, I started to look over the content, sections, pics... etc and I must say that the book is much better than I expected. Impressive work, Francesco. Congratulations.

Thank you very much for this "Christmas gift", and I wish you a happy new year full of sales and success in everything  you do. And of course, I will recommend this book to my colleages, mates, friends, pupils...

Thanks & congratz again, Francesco.

Felix Romero.

#2 akiefer

akiefer

Inviato 18 dicembre 2008 - 15:13

Hello Francesco,

Thank you for making this fantastic book available to english language!!

I am a Mac OS X and Cinema 4D user of VRay and find your resource invaluable for in depth study of the VRay renderer.

I am missing two important things in the book at this moment:

IES discussion
I was hoping to get a more in depth discussion in use of IES lights in VRay but found no info?

It looks like VRay is a lot more complete on PC than on Mac since some shaders are not available on the Mac version.

Also some of the filters are named differently on Mac than on PC (maybe due to connection with Max v.s. Cinema 4D)

Maybe you can point me to some resources for more info on the IES usage and also on a resource that explains differences between Mac and PC VRay?

Thank you very much!

Albert Kiefer
visual designer
www.kiefer.nl

Messaggio modificato da cecofuli il 20 gennaio 2009 - 23:18

#3 cecofuli

cecofuli
  • Sesso (Gender):M

Inviato 18 dicembre 2008 - 19:10

Hi akiefer,

i'm very happy that you like my hard work :) .
for the VRayLight you can found some page in the SP2 chapter. The VRayIES is a new VRayLight type and i think Chaosgroup improve a lot in the new version.
Now I work with VRay 1.5 SP3 and in this beta-version the VRayIES light is the same as the previous. I know, some user want more page for VRayLight, other for the shader.. etc... I write 1.024 pages, so there are a lot to read ehh...

I don't use very well VRay for Cinema, so, i can't reply for your problem. But yes, i know that there are some difference in the shader stuff.
Bye :)

cecofuli

Messaggio modificato da cecofuli il 20 dicembre 2008 - 11:35

#4 akiefer

akiefer

Inviato 20 dicembre 2008 - 11:18

Very true :) 1050 pages is one of the biggest books now in my library (execpt my fiction Lord of the Rings trilogy ;) )

I admire the very hard you have put into explaining all the technical facets of the renderer.

I am sure I will learn a lot from this definitive resource and I will contact my editor in chief of the dutch DZone magazine (dzone.nl) to ask if I can write a review on the book for tha magazine.

Have a great holidays and best wishes for the new year!

Albert

Visualizza Messaggiocecofuli, il Dec 18 2008, 07:10 PM, ha scritto:

Hi akiefer,

i'm very happy that you like my hard work :) .
for the VRayLight you can found some page in the SP2 chapter. The VRayIES is a new VRayLight type and i think Chaosgroup improve a lot in the new version.
Now I work with VRay 1.5 SP3 and in this beta-version the VRayIES light is the same as the previous. I know, some user want more page for VRayLight, other for the shader... ehh... i write 1.050 pages, so there are a lot to read ehh...

I don't know very well VRay for Cinema, so, i can't reply for your problem. but yes, i know that there are some difference in the shader stuff.
Bye :)

cecofuli

#5 akiefer

akiefer

Inviato 20 dicembre 2008 - 15:16

Hello Francesco,

I totally agree with Felix! This is a very in depth book about VRay and studyong this tome will enable the reader to fully understand and apply his knowledge to VRay renders based on knowledge and not on guess work anymore.

Lots of empirical data in there that literally saves me hundres of hours trying to figure this all out myself.

A great value for money and a blessing that it's in English too now!

Albert Kiefer
visual designer
xxx

Netherlands

Messaggio modificato da philix il 21 dicembre 2008 - 11:24
tolto il link come da faq

#6 eilozo

eilozo

Inviato 20 gennaio 2009 - 21:18

hi Francesco,
once again congratulations for the book ! :)
I was wondering if you have any plans to make the book into a pdf file..

regards,
Vassilis

#7 cecofuli

cecofuli

Inviato 20 gennaio 2009 - 21:41

Hi eilozo,

thanks for your feedback. Sorry, but no PDF in my plans :) .

#8 cecofuli

cecofuli

Inviato 23 gennaio 2009 - 12:00

LINK

ShinChanPu writes:

Bon Giorno, Francesco!

I got your book before christmas. Good shipping, good packaging and overall excellent presentation.

I've been reading it from the first chapter and I must say that the book is much better than I expected (chapters like colour theory, linear workflow and photography theory are piceless). The book has more samples showing every aspect of the renderer than a High Quality Irr Map!!!

Impressive work, Francesco. Congratulations.

Thank you very much for your awesome effort, and I wish you a happy new year full of sales and success in everything you do. And of course, I recommend this book to every one.

Thanks & congratz again, Francesco.

Messaggio modificato da cecofuli il 23 gennaio 2009 - 15:50

#9 cecofuli

cecofuli

Inviato 23 gennaio 2009 - 15:42

LINK

alawrence writes:

What a book!

I have only had a quick look thought this massive beast of a book, about 50mm thick and rather like a yellow pages (but printed on in colour on great paper. 1024 pages + a DVD i have not tried yet.

There are photos of real life examples of SSS, glass etc and vray materials and render settings to replicate them.

First impressions? Great! Looks like everything is explained both literally and figuratively with colour images showing and the variations in Gi quality, reflections, glossiness, sampling etc.

Going to take quite a while to read.

Thankful there is a break coming up!

#10 cecofuli

cecofuli

Inviato 23 gennaio 2009 - 15:42

LINK

Arjo writes:

Yes, I completely agree! A very good book. I'm about half way reading it.
A reference guide alone is most certainly not enough to learn how to deal with all the settings in VRay. Now I know much better when and why I should adjust certain settings.

A good thing too, that not only the Vray stuff is explained but also the real life theory behind it.

For instance, as a side effect my monitor is much better calibrated now. I own the Eye One Display, and only used it in simple setup mode, which was quite good already. But now I calibrated my monitor, that I use with my Epson 9600 and printserver at 5000 K. Calibrated it in advanced mode. Much better match between print and screen. I used to calibrate at 6500 K, because I never found good info when to use which colour temperature.

So thank you for this extra lesson, I did not expect when ordering the book.
Now you know that at least one reader appreciates the (maybe boring) theory in this colour section of your book.

1 utente(i) stanno leggendo questa discussione

0 utenti, 1 ospiti, 0 utenti anonimi